Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Trip to Ethiopia

One of the perks of working on International issues for the federal government is that every now and then Uncle Sam decides that it would be in its best interest to send a certain employee on a trip. While this is not my first trip on the taxpayer dime, it is my first trip to Africa. So, as such, I feel it deserves a specific mention in my blog (which I know I don't post on much - sorry to both of my readers).


Anyways, in November, I traveled to Ethiopia to help put on a Counterterrorism Seminar focusing on issues in East Africa. While there, I took advantage of the time to see some of the sights. I am including some pictures for the curious.


Me in front of St. Mary's Church on Mount Entoto, overlooking Addis Ababa












The view of Addis Ababa from Mount Entoto













Me at the Adadi Mariam Church. This rock-hewn church south-west of Addis Ababa was built in the 13th Century by Emperor Lalibela. It is carved into the ground out of a single rock.

1 comment:

jackim said...

hello...mr.
can you be my friend??

nice picture....

i am boy. i study in moeslem high school centre. ...
sorry, iam not a profesional writer..