Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Well friends, we now get to the present. Now that you have reread the past and reflected on the good times you had reading them initially, I will give you the lastest. Are you ready for this... wait for it... wait... and NOW: I'M STILL UNEMPLOYED!!! I know most you were bracing yourselves for the terrible news that I had possibly become a contributing member of society, but fortunately for all of us, this is not so. I am successfully maintaining my status as a drain and leech on all of you hard-working taxpayers. I'm actually rather enjoying this status. Just the other day I was checking out prime cardboard box real-estate for when I can no longer afford my apartment. The riverfront property is looking quite nice, although I'd have to kill off at least three winoes in order to make sufficient room for myself. But I digress.

Overall, the job hunt is going quite well. I've put in quite a few applications and resumes. Now I just have to get the employers to start calling me back.

So I went to my new ward on Sunday. I think I actually prefer this ward. Its much smaller. Only about 50 people at Sacrament meeting. I'm actually in the University Park ward that serves the University of Maryland. We meet at the Institute building right off the UM campus. It's only about 5 miles from where I live so I just take the bus up there. Quite convenient actually.

Well, Party on and don't let the man get you down. Stick it to him whenever you can.

5 comments:

be said...

I feel the same way about girls: If only they'd start calling me back...

Ronnie said...

Ok, I give you back your cool points plus a 25 point bonus just for being new to the blogging world. Can I recommend that you move to New Orleans. Jobs abound there and they pay a ton. McDonalds and Burger King are paying $10 an hour. Construction wages are out of this world. So you get the double bonus of feeling like you're doing service while also getting paid a lot. And not to mention you could go to my ward.

Cindy said...

Thanks for giving me something to do at work, Don. I saw your name in my e-mail box and just knew that entertainment had finally arrived! I'm glad to see you're still livin' off the tax payers, change is REALLY overrated, as we both know. As such, I'm STILL here in good old Salt Lake, STILL with the Army, STILL doing public affairs. See? So change is really unnecessary.

I took the GRE, by the way. That exam was created to torture people like me, I think.

Anonymous said...

Warrrriorrs, Come out to playyyeeaay!

brookie said...

don i don't even know you (i know bryant though ...) and i've decided you need to hang out with my fiance in d.c. he's a big rock climber. d.c. is awesome by the way.